Hop of Hackney is an east London family lifestyle store with a growing online presence. We will be expanding our physical retail outlet in autumn 2019 and are gradually launching our own product ranges. We are looking to hire an experienced retail manager to take a lead role in our ongoing development.
You will be passionate about independent stores and understand the importance of a strong online presence to drive both in-store and online sales.
We’re based in Clapton, east London, on a street that is very much a locals' street during the weeks but draws people from near-and-far at weekends. This gives the opportunity to really get on with things during the quieter periods, whilst also having days that are enjoyably busy with customers.
- Solid independent retail sector experience
- Ideally experience selling homewares and/or children’s toys and clothing
- Strong sales drive and able to tune in/empathise well with customers
- Understand key sales metrics and KPI’s
- Comfortable with technology - i.e. adding products and optimising information on our online store, interacting on social media.
- Experience sourcing products/suppliers, reviewing sales patterns to optimise stock mix and researching trends
- Experience liaising with suppliers, press, stylists, etc
- Enjoy a varied role where day-to-day work is mixed with various projects
- Happy to “role your sleeves up” and just get on with what needs to be done
- Lovely personable manner and enthusiasm
- Clear communicator
What we offer…..
- Growing business with opportunities to expand and develop your role
- Opportunity to take a leading role in the strategic development of the business
- Small friendly team who support each other
- Above average pay for the local independent retail sector
- Target-based bonus scheme that is broader than pure revenue targets
- Generous employee discount
£21,000-24,000 (pro rata) starting salary with up to £2,000 bonus
If you are a very experienced retail manager, we are open to sculpting a bespoke remuneration package for you which would kick in after an initial probation period.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org